The Punk Nut
The PunkNut is the first self-aligning and translating leadscrew and ball nut.
The PunkNut allows:
- Accommodation of misalignment and mounting tolerance issues that critically affect reliability and longevity
- Faster installation as it accurately self-aligns
- Accommodation of structural movement and flexing, which prevents screw bending and nut binding
- New uses for linear actuators
The PunkNut accommodates single or double axis misalignment up to +/- 15° without any increase in load or wear on the system.
- A two ring system can be used to accommodate angular misalignment in a single plane.
- A three ring system can be used to accommodate angular misalignment in two planes.